Job Application Procedures
CITY OF CANTON
An Equal Opportunity Employer
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION.
1. Follow the instructions on the City of Canton employment application. Applications are accepted for posted positions only. You may apply for more than one position at a time; however, a completed application must be submitted for each position for which you apply. If assistance is required, either in filling out the application or special accommodations, please contact Debra Johnson at (903) 567-1841.
2. Qualifications given in the job description posted on the City of Canton website, bulletin board and newspaper represent only the minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Interview preference is given to the most qualified applicants who may possess more specific education and/or experience than is given in a particular job description.
3. You may submit your application in person at Canton City Office Complex, 24980 State Highway 64E, Canton, Texas 75103. The application should clearly describe how you meet the minimum requirements (education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities listed on the job posting). Resumes and attachments will be accepted, however, all questions on the application must be completed.
4. Your application will not be referred to the hiring department if you do not meet the minimum qualifications for the position or if you fail to indicate such on your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
5. If you do possess the minimum qualifications, your application will be referred to the hiring supervisor who will review the application. If you are selected for a personal interview, the Human Resources Coordinator will contact you.
6. If you are selected for employment, all information listed on the application and/or resume is subject to verification. A false statement or omission may result in disqualification for employment or discharge. After a conditional offer of employment, a background check, drug/alcohol and physical exam may be required prior to a confirmed offer of employment and beginning work.
7. Your employment with the City of Canton is at will.
THE CITY OF CANTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SHALL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF AGE, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, RACE OR HANDICAP OR OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
THE CITY OF CANTON SUPPORTS A POLICY OF A DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE.
Job Application for General Positions with City
Job Application for Firefighter
Job Application for Dispatcher