Garbage service is contracted with Sanitation Solutions as of December 1, 2009. A fee for garbage service is mandatory for all residential and commercial customers inside the city limits. If you do not use the service, you will be charged the minimum rate for your class.
- Property south of Elm Street will have Monday pick-up.
- Property north of Elm Street, Lake Meadows Subdivision and Etheridge Farms Subdivision will have Friday pick-up.
- Trash must be placed at the edge of the street by 7:30 a.m. City ordinance requires trash be set out no sooner than 12 hours before collection day and to remain no longer than 12 hours after collection day.
- There is a 9-bag limit weighing no more than 35 pounds each.
- Household trash only—bagged and tied. No loose trash.
- Leaves must be bagged.
- Boxes must be broken down and bundled weighing <35 pounds.
- Brush and limbs must be tied in bundles no greater than 4 feet in length and 50 pounds in weight. Loose items or bundles not meeting these standards will not be picked up by Sanitation Solutions. This service excludes waste and debris from commercial tree services. (This service replaces the City's monthly brush pickup service. City staff will no longer pick up brush curbside or accept loose limbs, leaves and brush at the Utility Service Center on Arnold Paul Road. Brush and leaves will be accepted at the Transfer Station based on appropriate charges for the load.)
- The City does not have a landfill. Sanitation Solutions will pick up bulk items once per week up to 1 cubic yard. This item will be picked up separately from your garbage. All items must meet standards for acceptance by a landfill. This includes refrigerators and freezers which must have CFCs removed by a certified technician (it will not be picked up without a technician-certified red tag), stoves and ranges, water heaters, swing sets, bicycles (without tires), scrap metal, copper and similar domestic appliances. It excludes tires, batteries, paint, hazardous materials and construction debris produced by a commercial service provider hired by the customer. Bulk items may also be taken to the transfer station for a fee.